Deustch Student sucht für Gilde!

• Hallo Leute!

Ich bin ein Student in die Concordia Universität im Montreal. Ich spreche ein wenig Deutsch aber ich will mehr lernen. Ich spreche Französisch, Englisch und Spanisch!

That's about as much as I know of German right now! I'm looking to learn a bit more but I think being able to read what other people write casually on a guild chat will help me a lot more. I'm looking for a German-speaking guild that would be willing to invite me just so I can read and maybe (big maybe) answer back! I'm unfortunately not on a EU server if that's a something that may be a factor in denying me an invite so I won't be able to actually participate in any guild activity but I can always read/write in the guild chat even if I'm a North American player :).

Dankeschön!

P.S My in-game account name is Christiansky.8540, feel free to send me a message :).

• I'm sure you know more than three sentences in German :)

If there is no other guild you prefer to be invited to, you could also join the DC1 which is the community guild of the DE community used for common events. Behind it there is a lot of other guilds, large ones and smaller ones.

If it's about listening German or even speeking you could also join the communities TS server and follow some events. However, having only an American account actually - to my knowledge - will not allow to play together. I could imagine - maybe with some support here from Europe - that using a 2nd (free) account on European servers could overcome this problem as well. But I'm not so nerdy to know it for sure.

You should also have a solution for the time difference of -6h to Berlin. If it's only for the guild chat, I know that there are from time to time conversations all over the day, but more seldom in the early morning. Usually it's for greeting or party search. Sometimes there are also game related questions discussed, because there are also newbies in this guild.

Currently the time when events on TS start is about 6 to 8 p.m. - thus beginning afternoon for you. Often there are late events after 9 p.m. , mostly for farming but sometimes for map clean or hp run in HoT also.

So it depends on what you search. Listening alone won't help on the long run - to my opinion. But try to understand and speak in the "real" environment is the most effective. However, it's the hardest way also.

• Zitat

If there is no other guild you prefer to be invited to, you could also join the DC1 which is the community guild of the DE community used for common events. Behind it there is a lot of other guilds, large ones and smaller ones.

I actually wouldn't mind joining such a guild! The time difference isn't much of a problem actually. I want to start off by just reading/writing in the guild chat and then maybe move on to talking/listening in the TS! I'm not a beginner beginner at speaking German but I'm like A1.5 level haha, not very advanced either.

Thanks for the answer :).

• *push

Da ich nicht die Berechtigung habe, Dich einzuladen, möchte ich an dieser Stelle jemand von der Gildenleitung bitten, dies zu tun. Vielleicht wäre Lyssaroa so freundlich als Weihnachtsengel - wie so oft - zu fungieren. Ich habe heute früh mal geschaut und konnte in der DC1 noch keinen Christiansky.8540 entdecken. :)

Falls man sich gegen eine Einladung entschließt, könnte man das vielleicht auch hier bekannt machen, damit der Gute Bescheid weiß.

• Ich hab ihn gerade eingeladen und er liest auch schon fleißig mit. ^^

RIP Verzerrung 2017, RIP Siegel der Inspiration 2018, RIP Verzerrung für Chronos 2019, RIP Verzerrung für Chronos 2020, jetzt wirklich, RIP Konfusion (Schrei der Frustration) 2021.

New Chrono Balance Patch in 3 … 2 … 1 …

And everybody cries "Chrono is dead!"

• Aww, too bad I didn't discover this thread in time to invite you to our guild! They snatched you before I could. :(

English is my favorite foreign language (I do play all games in English, go to English movie theaters etc.) and it would have been cool to have someone from across "the big pond" aboard. :)

Oh well, good luck to you and hope they are treating you well. ;)